Sunday, October 20, 2013

You learn something new every day

This morning, I decided to get on the bathroom scale in our apartment to see what kind of effect the fried eggplant was having on my physique and so I stepped up, looked down and was met with an incomprehensible number: 10. 5.0.

I stepped off and on again and the number was exactly the same. WTF!!??
I was expecting to have to do some math, converting kilograms to pounds, but the number staring back at me just had no business being there. I did some quick research. Oh. Stones. Stones?? Do they actually still use stones as a measuring tool? I guess so. So more research . . .
The 10 is the number of stones, followed by 5, which is the number of pounds, so this equates to 145 pounds, with one stone equalling 14 pounds. That means Donna equals 140 pounds normal weight plus 5 pounds of fried eggplant. Oof!

No comments:

Post a Comment