Sunday, April 17, 2016

The flower market and my sidewalk garden



The array of annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees turned the village into a kaleidoscope of color. It was hard to choose what to buy to put in the pots and window boxes at the house.

After some time and a few thoughtful walk-arounds of the offerings, I made my selections and we walked them all home where I started my planting.

Around the bottom of the fig tree I planted last year, I put three Hidcote lavenders. In other pots went geraniums, marigolds, zinnias and a purple variety of ice plant. I added new sage and chives, called ciboulette here and all turned out great.




While we were planting, a couple came up to say how good it all looked and it turned out they were native French from this region, but have been living in New Jersey and Connecticut for many years. We had a great talk and I hope to run into them again.

Mon petit jardin est jolie!

1 comment: