Thursday, July 16, 2015

Heaven for gardeners


Dobbies. I have always wanted to go to a Dobbies store in the UK. After all the times  I've read the words "available at Dobbies" while reading British gardening magazines, I knew this place must carry just about everything a garden fancier would want. Well, as luck would have it, I discovered that there's a Dobbies just outside of Perth. I was not disappointed.



Dobbies is like Bass Pro Shops for gardeners--a cross between a retail store, restaurant, and tourist attraction. It's big, colorful, and bright as the indoor sections are all in a giant glasshouse. It truly has everything, from seeds and tools, to plants and pots, to barbeque grills and chaise lounges, to dinnerware and candles for your patio table, to everything you'd need to put in a koi pond--even the koi! It also has a great clothing section--especially boots and raingear--and books, toys, pet food, ETC ETC ETC. Wow! I wish we had these wonderful shops in the States.


1 comment: