Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Traveling stinks!!

By that I don't mean the type of traveling that involves warm, sunny beaches or fine restaurants with an exceptional wine list. I mean the type of traveling that occurs before you actually arrive at your desired destination.
At this moment, I am still trying to catch my breath after running from a delayed flight from Charleston to Philly to our departure gate for Brussels. I am sitting in the US Airways Club in Terminal A. I have a cheap glass of free wine and a paper cup of nut mix. I might go back for some of the free soup. But it will take more than the balm of hot soup to rid me of the panic and angst I felt when I arrived at the gate to see empty seats and a very large plane pulling away from the terminal. Missed it! Dammit!
We caught our breath, held hands and made our way to the airways club to figure out our next move. 
There's not another flight to Brussels until tomorrow night. Now what?
Lucky for us, we discovered that we'd been rebooked from Philly to Manchester, then on to Brussels from there. Our luggage was also successfully diverted and will, I hope, be on the same flights.
All's well that ends well, but still, why does this shit happen nearly every time we fly?? 

Addendum: the luggage didn't make it. We will be lucky to have it by Friday. Meanwhile we are trying to readjust our plans for Friday so we wont miss the delivery of the bags. Ugh!!!

Addendum 2: the luggage arrived after lunch on Friday. Yay!! It was delightful to brush my teeth and have fresh clothes after my shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment